Home inspections are not just for buyers!
"Pre-Sale" inspections make good sense for sellers too.
Some benefits to the seller include:
- Peace of mind. Uncover problems ahead of time.
- Minimize price negotiations and 11th hour surprises.
- Remove obstacles that can interfere with the sale.
- Seller is present for the inspection.
- A clean report can help the seller substantiate a higher asking price.
- The deal is less likely to fall apart.
- Gives you time to make repairs and get fair estimates, if needed.
- Buyer may waive the inspection contingency.